- February 3, 2016 - Mighty No. 9
- A lot of people have been asking if I’m going to be writing up Game Hints for Mighty No. 9. The answer is: I haven’t decided yet. If I do, it might or might not be directly as part of this site (since it’s not really Mega Man), but I’ll let you know.
- November 6, 2015 - Links Section Update
- Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on the previous post about the Links page! As requested, that section will remain for the foreseeable future, and be kept updated in its typical sporadic fashion.
- September 4, 2015 - Links Section
- I’ve updated the Links page, but I’ve been thinking for a while of retiring the entire section. When I first created it, the web was still in its infancy and search was unreliable at best, so I thought a listing of Mega Man sites would be a helpful resource. Nowadays we have several very good Internet search engines that will likely turn up any of the sites in the Links section that you might be hunting for. Still, if people find value in the Links section I’ll keep maintaining it; let me know what you think. I may keep a listing of fan-made games around since I’m not sure whether there’s anywhere else online that has a listing all in one place. (If you know of one, point me to it, and I’ll just link to that instead of maintaining one of my own.)
- August 5, 2015 - Of Legacy Games
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has a release date now, and an announcement that it will also be available in cartridge/disc form. Capcom Unity has been posting about the game near daily. On a semi-related note, as you can see for example here, they are actually selling some of the volumes of Rockman Complete Works on the PSN, in Japanese, for English audiences.
- June 9, 2015 - Mega Man Legacy
- Back around the time that Mega Man Legends 3 was canceled, people were asking what Capcom was going to do with Mega Man. It seems the answer to that is: Re-release the classic games over and over again. Now that Capcom has just about finished releasing the most of the older titles on the Nintendo eShop and PSN, they’ve announced a new collection of the first six NES games. Back in the old days, games came with manuals chock full of artwork. Nowadays, since manuals have been done away with, the artwork comes digitally on the game disc as extras instead. (Personally speaking, I’m not sure what the 1080p has to do with anything. It’s not like square pixels are any less blocky for having more pixels to display them. The resolution should be nice for the museum, though.)
- June 4, 2015 - Mega Man Cartoon
- Huh, so apparently they’re aiming to create another Mega Man TV show. It’s hard to say from the initial announcement, but sounds to me like it’s going to be original series again. It’s also hard to say whether it’s going to be anime-style or more catered to American audiences like the Mega Shows were; the announcement just says “worldwide release” so that could mean anything. If it is “Westernized” and not anime, then speaking personally, I hope it’s more along the animation style of Avatar as opposed to, say, Teen Titans Go, but that’s probably because I’m old-fashioned.
- April 16, 2015 - GBA Games
- What do you know: Mega Man & Bass will now be available on virtual consoles as well! (Specifically the Wii U right now.) Remember back when the game was available only on the Japanese SNES? Now you can get it fresh and (sort-of) new—along with a mishmash of other titles to boot.
- March 8, 2015 - Project X Zone
- Finally had a chance to sit down with Project X Zone again. Too bad the battles take so long near the end. I guess I forgot to post that last bit of music as well, didn’t I? Well, better late than never!